stands for automated external defibrillator
. It is a device that diagnoses cardiac arrhythmias, fibrillation, and tachycardia. After diagnoses it can treat through defibrillation. Having an automated external defibrillator
can possibly save a live because it allows the heart to start beating effectively again by stopping the arrhythmia. Having an AED on hand as well as qualified trained employee who knows how to work it and identify a heart attack allows for peace of mind in the workplace.
Every minute counts during an emergency, and sometimes, when the weather is extreme, medical professionals can take too long to arrive. Having equipment available to use in those first vital moments may mean the difference in life and death.
Be prepared for anything by having an automated external defibrillator
on hand and an employee with the ability to use it proficiently. Who knows? The life saved could be your own.
We provide AED training classes so your employees will know how to use the life saving equipment appropriately. If you are looking for an AED in Minneapolis, at Advanced First Aid Inc we carry the best in the industry and offer training classes to meet your companies' life preserving goals.
Available Automatic External Defibrillators
- Lifepak 1000 This model is rugged and drop-tested, it is ideal for storage in vehicle for location jobs. It has 360 joules of power, and will work even when it is charging.
- Lifepak Express This model will help the user determine if a shock is needed. It is very easy to use with ClearVoice prompts. This model also has the standard 360 joules, yet it is compact and lightweight.
- Lifepak CR Plus This model is much like the express model, however it is designed to be used by a single person responding to a victim of a cardiac attack.
- Samaritan Pad 350P This model is designed for public access in an emergency. It is self intuitive and analyzes the heart rhythm before recommending whether the electric shock is needed.
- Zoll AED Plus This model is a CPR assistance tool that offers real feedback to assist the user in saving a life efficiently. There are clear and easy to understand prompts to assist even the most panicked user.
- Philips Onsite This model is designed to be placed onsite. It has child and adult features. It is self guided and easy to use by non medical professionals with our training.
Do not worry if you do not understand which one of these is right for your company, we offer free consultation services. A trained representative can inspect your company and recommend your business' first aid needs, the location of the AED's, and what employees should be trained to use them. We understand how to meet the requirements of OSHA, and there is no charge or commitment implied from our consultation services. We will help you every step of the way, to upgrade your first aid capabilities so the safety of your employees and customers is secure.
Trained Employees and the Right Equipment will Make Your Workplace Safer
Having at least one employee on each shift who has certified AED and CPR training will ensure that if the worst does happen, there is a qualified professional to handle the situation quickly. We offer no-fluff training that exceeds industry standards.
We offer many options for employee training to fit your exact needs:
- Bystander CPR/AED Training
- Heartsaver AED/CPR American Heart Association
- BLS for Health Care Provider American Heart Association
- First Aid American Heart Association
Contact us today to discuss which AED is right for your business, and to schedule employee training.
Contact Us for More Information